Gravity and astrophysics
The project is led by Troels Harmark and Niels Obers, in close collaboration with Jay Armas (Amsterdam U.), Gianluca Grignani (Perugia U.), Roberto Oliveri (CEICO) and Marta Orselli (Perugia U.).
Our research activities are supported a double-PhD agreement with Perugia University and by scholarships for chinese PhD students.
We apply modern analytical methods of general relativity to phenomena in astrophysics.
1) Magnetospheres around black holes, relevant for astrophysical jets. This uses analytical techniques for force-free electrodynamics and magnetohydrodynamics.
2) Limits of astrophysically relevant black holes, such as the NHEK and near-NHEK regimes related to highly spinning black holes.
3) Accretion discs physics coupled to general relativity. This uses advanced methods of magnetohydrodynamics.
4) Black hole shadows and geodesics around black holes
5) Analytical results for gravitational waves
Troels Harmark, associate professor
Phone: +45 24 94 25 99
Niels Obers, professor
Phone: +45 30 58 93 11
|Search in Name||Search in Title|
|Harmark, Troels||Associate Professor, Head of Section|
|Obers, Niels Anne Jacob||Professor|
|Jay Armas||Assistant Professor at Amsterdam University|
|Gianluca Grignani||University of Perugia|
|Roberto Oliveri||PCEICO, Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences|
|Marta Orselli||University of Perugia, Affiliate Associate Professor at NBI|